Hello and welcome! I am Cedric.
- I am from Florida.
- I am a runner training with Team Florida Track Club.
- I have a Bachelor’s of Science in Cell & Molecular Biology from the University of South Florida (2017).
- I work in lab research and volunteer in food and nutrition related areas.
- I am a post-baccalaureate student at the University of Florida on route for a 2nd B.S. in Dietetics (expected 2021).
- I plan to become a Registered Dietitian with a focus in sports nutrition.
What works for one person may not work for another. I don’t support one ‘diet’ or a one-size-fits-all approach to nutrition. My focus is on plant-based preferences and that can include a wide variety of eating patterns from vegan to vegetarian to simply including more plants in a diet that may include meat. In 2015 for personal reasons, I stopped consuming most animal products and shifted to a mostly plant-based ‘vegan’ way of eating in which I’ve found success in optimizing for myself to support my performance as a runner. Many other athletes have or are choosing more plant-based ways of eating for their personal reasons and my goal is to help them meet their individual nutritional needs and preferences. There is a lot of inaccurate information, as well as dogmatic sources, on plant-based nutrition for athletes and I aim to share evidence-based nutrition resources to help others make informed choices without deficiencies.