In almost every situations, I’ve encountered someone with Celiac disease or a gluten allergy. People with Celiac disease can’t eat gluten, a protein found in wheat, rye and barley, because it causes an immune response that can damage their small intestine. With them in mind, I like to make something that they can enjoy along with others at events. Gluten-free baking is no easy task to get the texture right, especially with cookies, but I experimented and found a way that works great by subbing wheat flour for gluten-free flour from my chocolate chip cookies recipe. They are also free of other major allergens like dairy, egg and nuts so people with those allergies can join in on the eats too.
These gluten-free vegan chocolate chip cookies are soft, chewy and moist and quite simple to prep. They get positive feedback and have been a favorite at potlucks, which is great news for me, because it takes them off my hands from having to eat them all (not that I’d complain if I had to).Print
Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
These gluten-free vegan chocolate chip cookies are soft-baked, delicious, made with 5 ingredients and perfect for chocolate chip cookie fans with allergies.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 17 minutes
- Yield: 6 cookies 1x
- Cuisine: Dessert
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Flour Gluten Free Measure for Measure Flour (*see notes)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup tahini (creamy sesame seed butter)
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 °F and line a baking tray with a sheet of parchment paper.
- Mix flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- Add and mix in the maple syrup and tahini until everything is combined well together.
- Add and mix in the chocolate chips.
- Take a big tablespoon of batter, roll it into a ball, place it on the baking sheet and press to flatten it down to about an inch thick. Repeat with rest of batter.
- Bake in oven for about 12 minutes. Then remove and allow to cool down to room temperature. Enjoy!
*Can sub any all-purpose gluten-free flour blend.