Hello and welcome! I am Cedric and I help athletes eat more plants through recipes and meal ideas to meet needs and fuel performance without restrictions.
More about me:
- from Florida.
- am a runner training with Team Florida Track Club.
- have a Bachelor’s of Science in Cell & Molecular Biology from the University of South Florida (2017).
- work in lab research and volunteer in food and nutrition related areas.
- am a post-baccalaureate student at the University of Florida on route for a 2nd B.S. in Dietetics (2021).
- plan to become a Registered Dietitian with a focus in research, writing and sports nutrition.
Since the end of 2015, I have not eaten meat, nor egg and dairy products except in certain situations where options are limited, due to a personal discomfort in eating it. This motivated me to study as much as I could about vegetarian nutrition to plan my food choices to meet nutritional needs and support my performance as a runner. As a result of learning the benefits of plant foods, I was inspired to help other athletes who would like to include more plant foods as well as those who are vegetarian or have a preference for not eating meat and possibly other animal products.
Later as a dietitian, I envision in part working with athletes one on one to develop individual plans to align their nutrition and fueling strategies with their performance goals and needs rather than a one-size-fits-all approach. A focus I am interested in learning more about to apply is mindful and intuitive eating. Currently, I am focused on creating recipes and sharing meal ideas for athletes and other active individuals and contributing to certain publications. You can find food and blog posts here as well as near daily posts on Instagram.